My organic/natural Chili has become a bi-weekly staple in our house. I’ll make a pot on Saturday or Sunday night for dinner, then we eat the rest as lunches for the week. I’m personally not big on beans but I add lots of other veggies to make up for it. Hope you love it as much as we do.
[STUBBS:Chili fixins’, isn’t one of my regular buys, but was on clearance at my Kroger for $1.79. Chili was on the menu, so we decided to try it since it is “all natural”. I only had to use 1/2 of spice and 1/2 of sauce pkg, so it will make 2 pots. Little more spicey but it’s different and we enjoyed it.]
- 1/2-1 lb ground turkey / beef
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1cChicken or beef stock
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 zucchini cubed
- Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2c frozen corn
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can organic mix bean or kidney bean
- Natural Chili powder spice mix or personal preference of spice blend
- 1-2tbsp flour (for thickening, optional)
- Brown ground meat in a large pot
- Add onion and spices, let onions cook throughly
- Pour in beans and tomatoes, stirring to mix
- Add desired veggies and soup stock
- Add flour with a sifter (optional)
- Let come to a boil on medium,uncovered to fully cook
- Cover and simmer on low or take of heat.
- Add cheese and serve.
Share your chili recipes with us below! Or at email@example.com